This policy (together with our Terms of Service and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By accessing and using Hyperoo's website (the 'Website'), products and services (together, the 'Service') you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the 'Act'), the data controller is Hyperoo Limited (company number NI607863, with registered office at 11 Knocklofty Park, Belfast, BT4 3NA, and with UK data controller registration number [?]).
What information do we collect?
We do not store our customer's financial details.
We collect information in two ways:
(i) When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it.
When you sign up for or use our Service, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook account to Hyperoo, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts. The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
(ii) We gather technical information when you use our Service.
Whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there's certain information that almost always gets created and recorded in an automated way. The same is true when you use our Service, and here are some of the types of information we collect in this way.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our Service to you and make it better, develop new products, and protect Hyperoo and our users. We also use the information we collect to:
- send you updates (such as when certain activity, for example likes or comments, happen on Hyperoo), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you updates to our Service. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be 'personally identifiable' (meaning it can be used to specifically
identify you as a unique person) or 'non-personally identifiable' (meaning it can't be used to
specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as
described above. We may use, store or transfer information wherever Hyperoo does business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a Hyperoo account, many of the choices you have on Hyperoo are built directly in to the Service or your account settings. For example, you can access and update information in your account settings at any time.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Hyperoo Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hyperoo Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.